Donald Schmitt today made a keynote address at Toronto:London, New London Architecture’s International Dialogue event examining and comparing the growth of the two global cities.
This international event, held simultaneously in both Toronto and London, brought together experts from both cities for an exchange of ideas and approaches and discovering how both cities can learn from each other.
Don Schmitt focused on the transitioning waterfront circumstance – from an economic engine based on industry and trade at the turn of the last century, to a fully integrated urban centre of culture and civic pride reflected in the education, housing and technology-focused industry of today.
To see a summary of the topics addressed, please click here.
Event speakers include:
- Donald Schmitt, Principal, Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Jennifer Keesmaat, Chief Planner, City of Toronto
- John Campbell, President & CEO, Renovo Advisory Services Ltd, former President & CEO, Waterfront Toronto
- Professor Will Alsop, Director, All Design
- Peter Murray, Chairman, New London Architecture
For more information click here.