Thank you for considering Diamond Schmitt Architects for your future employment.
Diamond Schmitt Architects accepts employees from a wide variety of sources and backgrounds. What unites our team, however, is talent, dedication and a high level of professional skills. Learn more about our culture and community involvement.
Please apply for job openings by contacting email@example.com.
We are looking for a BIM Manager to join our Vancouver office to help shape the digital aspect of design excellence through industry leading collaboration, design and construction. The BIM Manager will represent our west coast team, while working collaboratively with our Toronto office to create a uniform way of working across the country. The BIM manager will work with the Toronto office to help us improve our office standards, project workflows, software adherence, and managing our future team of Vancouver BIM Coordinators and BIM leaders. We are looking for a BIM Manager who can work independently and communicate clearly with project teams and clients. A good understanding of construction means and methods is essential for developing consistent and thorough project workflows and standards.
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in working with DSA, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Coach, mentor and supervise the process of virtually constructing a building with project teams
- Facilitate learning sessions in group or individual format to ensure standards are followed
- Create model setup package in with the project team
- Assist in establishing documented processes, procedures, and workflows
- Collaborate with DSA BIM team to improve current Revit template
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to bring forward innovative ideas, methods and technology uses to improve project team workflows
- Explore BIM visual programming platform such as Dynamo and Grasshopper
- Ensure standards defined on the project BIM Execution Plan and project workflows are adhered
- Manage project models to ensure a healthy BIM databse
- Understand clash-detection and conflict resolution
- Understand model data extraction for CoBie and dRofus
- Minimum 5 year College diploma or University degree from a recognized architectural program
- 5 years progressive work experience in an architectural office
- Excellent working knowledge of Revit, Revit families, and Navisworks
- Ability to read specifications and 2D drawings
- Understanding of common building components and how they are assembled to form a completed building
- Multitasking, project management and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable communicating in working groups of various sizes and able to work well with others in a highly collaborative, team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Programming background is a benefit but not a requirement
- Experience delivering and managing project data in accordance with industry IFC and COBie standards
- Understanding BIM for Facility Management is considered an asset