Thank you for considering Diamond Schmitt Architects for your future employment.
Diamond Schmitt Architects accepts employees from a wide variety of sources and backgrounds. What unites our team, however, is talent, dedication and a high level of professional skills. Learn more about our culture and community involvement.
Please apply for job openings by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our Toronto office in the position of Senior Payroll Specialist. Working hours are from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with summer hours and holiday closure.
DSAI encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest in working with DSAI, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll for 300 employees through ADP Pay Specialist V8.1
- Responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll for 8 employees in the US through ADP Run
- Prepare and input payroll information in an accurate and timely fashion
- Prepare the payroll entries in ERP system and analyze payroll related transactions
- Ensure that all deductions required by government agencies are processed accurately and remitted in a timely manner
- Responsible for adding new staff in ADP and the ERP system.
- Terminating staff in the payroll system and subsequent preparation of Records of Employment
- Preparation and completion of all government forms such as Employee Health Tax, Records of Employment, T4’s, T4A’s, T2200’s etc. (when appropriate)
- Reconcile vacation balance (by employee) on ADP and the ERP system
- Respond to employee queries regarding payroll matters and take corrective action where required
- Reconcile monthly health/dental invoices from the insurance carrier.
- Track taxable benefits for annual T4 submission (Life insurance, gym membership, parking etc.)
- Responsible for semi-monthly RRSP submission and payment
- Process invoice payments related to contract staff
- Ensure that employees submit their weekly timesheets promptly
- Weekly timesheet review and approval
- Maintain monthly payroll cost and staff billing rates
- Assist Human Resources and Finance as necessary
- 7+ years of progressive payroll experience
- ADP Pay Specialist v8.1 and ADP Run (web-based) experience is a MUST
- Understanding of accounting and ability to generate and post payroll related journal entries
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office; particularly Excel is a MUST
- Experience in processing Canadian and US payroll
- Experience in new software conversion and implementation
- Experience with Workforce Now (through ADP) an asset
- Member of Canadian Payroll Association (CPM) or working towards obtaining CPM designation an asset
- Detail oriented, highly organized and extremely accurate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Previous experience in an architectural or engineering firm
We are looking for a dynamic, proactive, detail oriented and engaged individual to join our fast-paced Administrative Project Coordinator team. This is a great opportunity to develop your expertise in organization, administration and document control.
Please send your resume to HR@dsai.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Schmitt Architects encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process.
- Providing a high level of administrative support to architectural teams
- Providing quality document control and data entry
- Administering coordination between project teams (architects, consultants, clients, and contractors)
- Compiling, coordinating, printing, distributing, filing, tracking and archiving project correspondence and documentation during all project phases such as:
- Design: Photos, tender and design packages, specifications, schedules and other project related materials as directed by the project design team
- Construction: Process and track shop drawings, RFIs, site instructions, proposed changes, change orders, building permits, and other project related materials as directed by the project design team
- Maintaining project-specific digital and hard copy filing systems
- In collaboration with architectural teams, uploading drawing packages to ftp sites and issuing packages for milestone project deadlines
- Maintaining project contact lists and team calendars
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings, including setting up video and telephone conferencing (face to face, web, video conference) and typing/formatting meeting minutes
- Developing and implementing new project coordination procedures, as needed
- Being fluent in office project administration standards and acting as a resource to project teams to maintain them
- Assisting administration team and reception as needed
- Occasional overtime
- Provide administrative support to other projects when Administrative Project Coordinators are on vacation/away
- 3+ years previous office / administrative experience
- Excellent computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must
- Knowledge/experience with Newforma, SharePoint, Adobe Reader, Bluebeam Studio and database software such as Newforma, Ebuilder, Procore, Aconex would be an asset
- Superior organizational skills and strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and solve conflicting and overlapping deadlines
- Manage multiple design and construction projects with varying document control and distribution guidelines
- Responsible and accurate, with attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, teach and work collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing situations, follow timelines, and meet deadlines adapt to changing situations
- Strong problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of architecture and construction is a definite asset