At Diamond Schmitt, we aim to empower our people to realize their potential in a dynamic studio environment that fosters continuous learning and professional development.
Fuelled by a culture of collaboration and inclusivity, we are looking for individuals whose backgrounds, skill sets, and experiences are as diverse as the projects we work on and the communities we engage in to join our team and contribute to the ongoing creative conversation.
If you have the courage to be bold, the passion to design authentic, socially-conscious spaces, and can demonstrate integrity in the workplace, then we want to hear from you.
All current job openings will be posted here. Please apply by sending your application to: email@example.com.
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist with at least 7 years of progressive payroll experience, working experience processing Canadian and US payroll using ADP Workforce Now and ADP Run, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and strong time management. Canadian Payroll Association (CPM) Designation or working towards obtaining CPM designation an asset. This role is located in our Toronto office and will have a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
DSAI encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in working with DSAI, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll for 300 employees through ADP Workforce Now
- Responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll in the US through ADP Run
- Provide support to the Finance team with investigation of discrepancies in semi-monthly payroll entries and respond to payroll-related queries
- Ensure payroll activities are processed accurately and in compliance with associated regulations, legislation, and internal standards
- Act as the payroll subject matter expert for all internal and external stakeholders, troubleshoot payroll issues and resolve concerns
- Conduct audits of semi-monthly payroll transactions as well as other regular quality control checks to assess the design and effectiveness of payroll-related controls, recommend and implement improvements
- Responsible for the year-end reconciliation process for payroll, ensure timely submission of all payroll-related regulatory filings and production of tax related forms
- Identify, test, and implement updated systems or processes to automate payroll-related functions, where possible
- Understand the various compensation plans and associated implications for payroll processing, vacation pay entitlement, RRSP contributions, benefit premiums etc.
- Responsible for adding new staff in ADP and the ERP system.
- Adding, modifying, and terminating staff in the payroll system and benefit systems and subsequent preparation of Records of Employment
- Preparation and completion of all government forms such as Employee Health Tax, Records of Employment, T4’s, T4A’s, T2200’s etc. (when appropriate)
- Update and reconcile vacation balance (by employee) on ADP and the ERP system
- Reconcile monthly health/dental invoices from the insurance carrier.
- Responsible for semi-monthly RRSP submission and payment
- Process invoice payments related to contract staff
- Ensure that employees submit their weekly timesheets promptly
- Weekly timesheet review and approval
- Maintain monthly payroll cost and staff billing rates
- Assist Finance and Human Resources teams with ad-hoc projects
- 7+ years of progressive payroll experience
- ADP Workforce Now (WFN) and ADP Run (web-based) experience is a MUST
- Understanding of accounting and ability to generate and post payroll-related journal entries
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office; particularly Excel is a MUST
- Experience in processing Canadian and US payroll
- Member of Canadian Payroll Association (CPM) or working towards obtaining CPM designation an asset
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and extremely accurate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with the team
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Previous experience in an architectural or engineering firm is an asset
We are looking for a BIM Coordinator to join our Toronto or Vancouver office to help shape the way we design excellence. The BIM Coordinator will work in collaboration with the other BIM Coordinators and BIM Managers to help us improve our project workflows, software adherence and library content. We are looking for a BIM Coordinator who can work independently and communicate clearly with project teams. A good understanding of construction means and methods is essential for developing consistent and thorough content libraries.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Schmitt Architects encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process.
- Coach, mentor and supervise the process of virtually constructing a building with a project team
- Assist in training and project workflows
- Develop project specific office content (family) library
- Collaborate with the BIM team to improve DSA’s current Revit template
- BIM visual programming platform such as Dynamo is an asset
- Ensure standards defined on the project BIM Execution Plan and project workflows are adhered
- Manage project models to ensure a healthy BIM database
- Conduct Clash-detection and conflict resolution
- Conduct model data extraction for CoBie and dRofus
- Minimum 2 year College diploma or University degree from a recognized architectural program
- 2 years progressive work experience in an architectural office
- Excellent working knowledge of REVIT and Dynamo
- Ability to read 2D working drawings
- Understanding of common building components and how they are assembled to form a completed building
- Multitasking, project management and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable communicating in working groups of various sizes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Programming background is a benefit but not a requirement
- Understanding BIM for Facility Management is a benefit, but not a requirement
We are looking for a Contract Administrator with expertise in the review and resolution of construction claims. The successful candidate will contribute their outstanding skills to the design and execution of a wide variety of projects. They will work closely with principals, associates and architects in a collaborative studio environment to review construction schedules and claims, provide advice to other contract administrators and owners regarding construction contracts, and lead negotiations between clients and contractors.
- Review and provide advice regarding project schedules, review construction claims and prepare written responses to owners, provide advice regarding current construction law, and support other contract administrators in the review of potential construction claims.
- Provide construction administration functions to projects, including both office functions (certificates of payments, preparation of CO’s PC’s, CD’s etc.) and field functions (attendance at site meetings, preparation of site instructions, field review reports, etc.)
- Organize, direct and manage contract administration for projects
- Implement the project in consultation with the project team
- Supervise the work effort on assigned projects
- Work in a collaborative team environment, primarily in construction administration with involvement as required in other aspects of design including pre tender document review
- Report to the project architect on a regular basis outlining status of job cost control and scheduling issues including general progress and time management issues
- Act as a mentor to junior architects and contract administrators
- Professional degree in architecture or engineering with membership in the Ontario Association of Architects
- Evidence of substantial continued education in the fields of construction administration and construction law
- Proven experience in review and negotiation of construction claims
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) designation
- Knowledge of MS Project or Primavera is essential
- Knowledge of Bluebeam, Statslog, Revit and Autocad is a definite asset
- 12+ years experience required
- Mixed – use and healthcare project experience
- Thorough knowledge of OBC and standards used in the Canadian construction industry
We are looking for an environmentalist to join our practice. The successful candidate will show expectational initiative and enthusiasm to make the world a better place through design, with a demonstrated passion for the environment.
Environmentalism is a design issue. Our approach to architecture is motivated by the people we serve, and their aspirations. The welfare of humankind is undeniably linked to the health of our planet, and through our designs, our goal is to make our buildings give more than they take. The Environmental Director is a design-oriented, senior level leadership position that drives strategy, education, and analysis to benefit our projects.
The Director will refine and execute a plan to advance specific environmental objectives within our practice. Reporting to the leadership group, the Director will collaborate directly with project teams, and will coordinate the efforts of the Sustainability Committee.
The Director position will be engaged in our Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, and New York studios. Ability to travel between the studios is essential.
Please send your resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Depending on response, the job description may be altered.
Diamond Schmitt Architects encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process
Diamond Schmitt Architects has built an international reputation for design excellence across a range of building types. From opera houses, libraries and laboratories, to residential, office, academic and healthcare projects, our award-winning design firm strives to exceed clients’ expectations.
The company is motivated by positive social outcomes, and has a record of innovation and achievement in sustainable design, with a growing list of net-zero energy projects, zero-emissions, passive house, and LEED certified buildings. Diamond Schmitt has undertaken pioneering work with EcoMetrics (our in-house performance analysis tool and database), the integration of Plant Wall biofilters, and comprehensive sustainability at the building and campus scale. We embrace increasingly demanding environmental goals in what are often the most challenging building types. Design thinking that presents a strong sense of context, integration with the public realm, and a social motivation distinguishes the studio’s work, for which Diamond Schmitt is known and respected as a leading architecture practice across Canada and abroad.
The firm’s design sensibility is matched with a successful business model that positions it among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, GTA’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Best Managed Companies™. More than 275 people work in the company, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and New York City.
- Support project teams to advance environmental performance of our projects.
- Develop and deliver an internal education program that increases overall awareness of environmental issues, performance standards, codes, and tools as they relate to our practice.
- Evaluate opportunities for external training for staff.
- Prepare key messages and briefings for leadership.
- Evaluate and advise on software tools to aid project teams. (i.e. CoveTool, EC3, Tally, climate analysis, computational aids, etc.). Coordinate with IT / Design Applications Manager.
- Support marketing efforts through writing, graphics, and statistics to advance initiatives and project pursuits.
- Attend interviews where required.
- Lead the application of EcoMetrics (our in-house performance analysis tool and database), and coordinate with project teams to collect and share data.
- Educate and advise on relevant performance standards, including Passive House, LEED, Zero Carbon Standard, WELL, Living Building Challenge.
- Maintain and manage memberships with CaGBC, Passive House Canada, etc.
- Collaborate to prepare predesign reports for projects, facilitate analysis, help set goals and strategy, undertake research.
- Encourage and support staff to take on roles that advance environmentalism.
- Evaluate our office operations as they relate to sustainability.
- Prepare and coordinate submissions for environmental-focused awards.
- Develop and/or assist staff to prepare presentation material intended for conferences.
- Seek opportunities to present our work to targeted audiences.
- Seek opportunities to develop project-based research in the practice.
- Monitor sponsorship opportunities.
- Pursue opportunities for research funding to suit project initiatives.
- Prepare presentations, workshops, or other material to share environmental themes for our clients.
- Architecture, Engineering, Building Science, Environmental Design, or related professional degree.
- Licensure as an Architect or Professional Engineer is an asset, but not required.
- Two or more of the following accreditations (or commitment to achieve within a year):
- LEED Green Associate or LEED Accredited Professional
- Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant recognition
- BREEAM Accredited Professional
- WELL Accreditation
- Living Future Accreditation
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience, ideally in an environment of design excellence.
- Project management and the successful implementation of new processes or practices.
- Implementation of initiatives that have directly influenced practice, specifically environmental and sustainability practices.
- Leading and managing staff in teams and committee work.
- Conducting research, preparing presentations, and sharing findings with professional audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, superior organizational and project management skills, ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with project specifications, architectural drawings, and building construction.
- Ability to think critically and strategically, and be able to conduct self-directed research and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively and seamlessly through virtual means.
- Familiarity with the US and Canadian LEED Green Building Rating Systems, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, WELL Building Standard, and other sustainable design rating systems, performance tools, and leading civic, provincial and federal green building policies (i.e., Toronto Green Building Standard, BC Energy Step Code).
- Proficiency with relevant software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign. Familiarity with Revit and Rhino is desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Ability to collaborate with senior leadership to influence design.
We are looking for a General Accountant with 2 to 3 years’ experience working within an accounting department or post-secondary education, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and strong time management. This role is located in our Toronto office and will have a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in-office and 2 days remote work.
- Maintaining accounts receivables including following up with clients on past due invoices
- Managing accounts payables, including posting vendor invoices and preparing supplier cheques for signing
- Reconciling sub-consultant statements on a monthly basis
- Banking – processing daily deposits in the banking software
- Reconciling credit card expenses
- Assisting with disbursement
- Reviewing and processing expense reports
- Preparation of reports or schedules for year-end audit
- Archiving and file storage management
- Miscellaneous tasks such as scanning/filing/uploading, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in an accounting department, or post-secondary education (or equivalent)
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Exceptional bookkeeping skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly with strong time-management skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Previous experience in an architectural or engineering firm is an asset
- Previous experience with BST Global is an asset
- Ability to be discreet, professional, and always maintain confidentiality
We are looking for an engaged and organized Proposal Coordinator who is a self-starter with strong writing abilities to join our fast-paced Business Development team in Toronto for maternity leave coverage beginning in January 2023. This role will have a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in-office and 2 days remote work.
We offer competitive compensation packages including competitive salary, employee health benefits, reduced summer hours, end of year holiday closure, RRSP matching, 3 weeks annual vacation, and more.
- Review and analyze RFPs to ensure compliance with proposal submission requirements;
- Work with the Business Development team and Principals to develop proposal content and graphic layout;
- Plan and coordinate proposal responses e.g., initial strategy and outline, meetings, submission and debriefs;
- Write, edit and proofread proposals, ensuring Diamond Schmitt’s brand and messaging is consistent;
- Connect with engineering and consultant team members to create collaborative team documents;
- Adapt existing company information, resumes, project descriptions etc. to suit each RFP’s requirements;
- Tackle all administrative tasks, including proposal production: printing, binding, and delivery of documents;
- Responsibly source and circulate bids and related addenda;
- Effectively communicate with proposal teams and colleagues, as well as other stakeholders;
- Assist Principals and design teams in the creation of powerpoints for interviews and presentations;
- Contribute to database maintenance e.g. Filemaker, Open Asset, and the generation, collection, and sharing of related information.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a proposal coordination role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, marketing, or communications;
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite InDesign;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Are highly organized, self-motivated and resourceful;
- Demonstrates excellent communication, writing, grammar, and spelling abilities;
- Excellent proofreading skills and high attention to detail;
- Demonstrates strong graphic design skills;
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills to ensure proposal schedules are maintained and deadlines are met;
- Able to manage multiple assignments concurrently and be accountable for work performed;
- Able to identify and prioritize problems, develop solutions and deliver results;
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, under pressure and within strict timelines;
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.